Pages

Feb 1, 2017

New beginnings

My old blog was deleted. Stupid humans found out. Thought their kitten had written it as a joke (like cats can't type themselves? Hissss) and didn't have any sense of humor about it whatsoever. Apparently I'd given out 'personal information' to 'complete strangers' and whatnot. But that's in the past.
I ran away. Those humans kept putting me outside as 'punishment'. They didn't quite realize I'd rather be out in the rain and the cold free and happy than inside warm and safe and bored out of my mind.
Well, one day, after I'd attacked the dog (he had it coming), they put me outside and I never saw them again. Headed for the forest. I was free! That's the life a cat should have.
There are no laptops in the forest. Small sacrifice. I ate mice plentifully and marked out a little territory for myself whenever I felt like staying somewhere for long, and slept in bushes, trees, anything comfortable. All the ritz.
Then when winter came, it got harder to find prey, and eventually I got hungry and headed for the city, planning to just steal something out of a trash can, maybe catch a rat, and head back to where I belonged. But nope.
Stupid human took me to a shelter.
The cats were annoying, there were dogs barking all day long, and I lived mainly in a cage. Nobody got me out of there, and eventually I got put in a cardboard box, put in a car, and ended up in a different shelter. And nobody adopted me there, and I got shipped off to some other shelter.
Where I am now.
This place is better, though- There's a nice big area with windows and toys and a furry pillar to climb, and they let us in there around once or twice a day. And after I fought with a few cats they didn't let me out at the same time with anybody else, so I got glorious alone time.
And, as I recently found out, one of the humans taking care of us has a laptop. And he conveniently typed the password in front of me. So life is good.
Outside the window is a forest. I can see trees and sun and earth. I've been trying to escape from this place. I'll get out of here sometime.
If I don't get out, I'll keep posting. I've missed having a blog, I guess. Adventuring is more fun when you have someone to brag to. But if I don't post again...
It means I'm free.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Gary, it'd be great if you could describe yourself!
    -oniondudeluke

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Questions? Give me a meow!